Finest Engraving

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i'm not on FB and have no plans to be, especially in light of recent events. anywhere else on the web have his work?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
so how does somebody produce this massive body of work, at this utterly incredible level, and remain so relatively unknown? has he been working for a single patron, a Russian Lorenzo de Medici, or...? anybody know?

like the old gunslingers used to say, "Doesn't matter how good you think you are, there's always somebody faster."

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I have to wonder what he does in his spare time considering the huge amount of sculpting and body of work. I wonder if he ever sleeps. ;~)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
so how does somebody produce this massive body of work, at this utterly incredible level, and remain so relatively unknown? has he been working for a single patron, a Russian Lorenzo de Medici, or...? anybody know?

like the old gunslingers used to say, "Doesn't matter how good you think you are, there's always somebody faster."

Mitch: I think the answer to your question is that he's in Russia, and because of that we haven't seen or heard of him until relatively recently. I've been following him on FB for a couple of years or more, and he's relatively new to Instagram.

Also, because of social media - love it or hate it - an engraver in Russia or an artist in a igloo can broadcast their work to the world and get "discovered". I showed Sergey's work to Winston Churchill and Damien Connolly a couple of years ago and they were pretty much gobsmacked by what he does. The guy is amazingly talented. I would love the opportunity to meet him.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ok, i've flipped thru a bunch of his work on instagram and while some of his earlier work appears to be done by an actual human being, the more recent stuff is almost proof that aliens live among us. holy ****...

ya know, 20 years ago i would have considered his work an inspiration, even a challenge. now i look at it like i do science fiction: "Yeah, that's never gonna happen..."

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ron jr. Thanks for posting the pictures of Sergeys engraving,his scrolls,gold inlays and the sculpting of bird,animals and humans is amazing,a true artist.:thumbsup: J.J.