Safety on Bond Arms

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Jeff,Why do you want to remove the safety on the Bond pistol?I engraved one and only removed the lever that opens the barrels because it was in the way of the engraving design. J.J.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
The safety can be removed. It is difficult. I DO NOT RECOMMEND REMOVING THE SAFETY. The safety can be engraved while it is still in the derringer.
Sandy

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for replies, I was hoping to remove it so I could engrave the frame a little easier for the design... the safety is in the way for the angle's I need. It would save me a lot of finaglin'( is that a word?) so to speak.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Jeff,Get friendly with a local gunsmith because some of these gun can be a real pain to disassemble & reassemble,I know after 45 years as a gunsmith & engraver. J.J.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for replies, I was hoping to remove it so I could engrave the frame a little easier for the design... the safety is in the way for the angle's I need. It would save me a lot of finaglin'( is that a word?) so to speak.

Yes, Finaglin is a word in Arizona. Definition: "work method used to Finely overcoming evil angles, through perseverance, anger, and the use of loud expletives aimed at an inanimate object."

Don C.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone, I know where there's a local gunsmith maybe I'll pay him a visit or finagle in several languages. Thanks Don, having parents that grew up in the south and having lived in the north I have acquired quite a vocabulary of words that were never taught in school... almost like learning another language, who knew earl was not only a name but a tea, fuel for lamps and also what you put in your engine to lubricate it.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone,...almost like learning another language, who knew earl was not only a name but a tea, fuel for lamps and also what you put in your engine to lubricate it.

Now yer gitt'n down to my vocabulary!

Latest posts

Sponsors