Stainless steel pendant w/Germanic scroll

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
you missed a spot. i say that in jest, of course, but a couple years ago i had a client order a knife bolster engraving on a tight budget. his instructions were for a certain type of scroll and within budgetary constraints, "Just do whatever you want." Soooo, i did it kinda like Sam's pendant and left some white space. his response: "Why didn't you cover the entire bolster?"

ssssiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhh....................... some days i really hate my job....

mfennessy

Beautiful! What kind of stainless is that?

Mostly I'm wondering because I have 410 (fine but not great to engrave) in sheet form or 416 (love engraving it) in bar form. The 410 is slightly thinner than I'd like for pendants and the 416 is thicker than I'd like. I can grind the 416 thinner but it's kind of a pain.

Mike

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Beautiful! What kind of stainless is that?

Mostly I'm wondering because I have 410 (fine but not great to engrave) in sheet form or 416 (love engraving it) in bar form. The 410 is slightly thinner than I'd like for pendants and the 416 is thicker than I'd like. I can grind the 416 thinner but it's kind of a pain.

Mike

I believe it's 410. It's a GRS pendant and it's perfect for engraving.

SamW: Thank you buddy :) Yup, a monogram would fit nicely.

Latest posts

Sponsors