where can I buy transparency sheets for transfers?

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
I've been all over town and google looking for transfer sheets and I can't find anything, basically there's nothing in the stores. I've bought some before and they didn't work at all. Where can I buy this stuff?

The big box office store only carries "Apollo" brand,, is anyone familiar with that brand? It's the only thing I can find local.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tom White's "Transfer Magic" and InkJet printer for transfers ...
EngraversCafe.com › showthread › 1019...
Jul 20, 2011 - Being a learner engraver I have been very interested in the views of engravers whether both laser jet and inkjet printers can be used equally successfully for engraving transfers via transparency film. Now I know that Inkjet printers can be used for excellent transfers.
Anyone printing and transferring with HP #63 ink?
‎Dec 26, 2015‎
Tom White on transfer solutions
‎Feb 19, 2009‎
More results from www.engraverscafe.com
Engraving Art Transfer Process: For those who do engraving, but are not skilled enough to draw the artwork directly on the work-
PDF
https://www.culverart.com › Engraving T...
There is however a source for a pre-made transfer solution. The mixture is supplied by Tom. White. Tom also supplies transparency film and has his own graver sharpening system for sale. Below are the addresses of his ...

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Gary, Do you have the number of that one? is it TPU 100 for overhead projectors?

Does anyone have contact info for Tom White?

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dave,

The Pictorico is the TPU 100 part number.

I use a Prismacolor marker in 40% warm gray or a Sharpie marker in yellow or light green on the metal to accept the transfer -- easy to find at Hobby Lobby or similar art & craft stores.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pictorico is the best in my opinion. I have been using it for years with HP inkjet printers and original HP ink. Some of the ink refills won't work. I have some transparencies that are years old and they will still transfer like new prints.

Latest posts

Sponsors