The Engraver’s Library- How to Books.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
If it wasn't for The Art of Engraving by James B.Meek we wouldn't be here on the Cafe or the Lindsay forum engrave in's and FEGA sharing information,as for the book they all have something offer. J.J.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
If it wasn't for The Art of Engraving by James B.Meek we wouldn't be here on the Cafe or the Lindsay forum engrave in's and FEGA sharing information,as for the book they all have something offer. J.J.

i agree concerning the meeks book. idoubt i would have pursued the art much beyond mere curiosity without having bought a copy of that book.

monk

Staff member

i agree concerning the meeks book. idoubt i would have pursued the art much beyond mere curiosity without having bought a copy of that book.

JJ Roberts

Eugene,Mr. Meek was a super guy,I would call him and he always came to the phone and answer any of my questions on engraving.Never thought I'd meet and make so many good friends over these years because of Mr. Meek's book,I hope every ones having has much fun as I am. J.J.

skylerchubak

Thanks for posting this! Have a couple books, was wondering about the others. It's good to see the others and hear thoughts. Kind of a pre-newbie to this engraving thing. But I'm determined to figure it out.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Once you purchase engraving books, it becomes obsessive! I started with Meek's Art of Engraving "way back when" and have continued buying every engraving book I could find. I now have a fairly substantial library and looking for more. I don't think my kids know how valuable some of them are (some are first editions and signed) and when I'm gone someone will get a good deal. Anyway, start collecting all you can and READ them!

Bill

JJ Roberts

Bill,Obsessive yes when I got Meek's book I could't put it down,and even read it at work while my two press's were running.Everyone should read this book.:thumbsup: J.J.

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
You are certainly right there Bill, my first book as well was Meeks many many years ago, I never lost sight of the fact that one day I would start engraving, it just took a whole lot longer than planned on.

I also have started collecting any books I can find on engraving, gun stock carving and anything in between that I can learn from as well as buying many DVDs also.

The forums and the endless information and help by so many here along with the books have been a tremendous help to me.

Latest posts

Sponsors