The devil's shotgun:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
John,I don't think the engravers in 1800 hundreds used microscopes when engraving,maybe a hand held magnified glass. J.J.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah J.J., I kinda figured they did their work by glass, but the end result is incredible, all things considered. This was Victorian England, 1843. Just think what kind of work could have been accomplished had they had the modern devices we have today?

I'm hoping to get down to the NRA museum some time this Spring. I'll be sure to try and get some close up shots of this shotgun. I'll see if I can get Wayne LaPierre to allow me to use it for a couple of rounds of Skeet. ;~)

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
Many people were chosen who were myopic and didn't need a magnifying glass to do small detailed work.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I'll do that, but since you live just around the corner from the museum, why don't you take some photos of the shotgun??? ;~)

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
John,Will do when I get some free time,I like the NRA museum and know the curators,Doug Wicklund & Phil Schreier. J.J.

monk

Staff member
well, it's obvious to me, they must have used "air assisted" gravers to achieve this level of quality !

Latest posts

Sponsors