Video. Hand engraving gun

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice design and cutting. That Russian pistol doesn't leave much space for traditional scrollwork.

This is the first time I have seen someone engrave a pistol with the slide and barrel assembled to the frame while engraving. It is so easy to disassemble an automatic pistol, I wonder why it was left together. Disassembled, it is easier to hold the parts in your vise.

zahar

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you. To shoot a video, I decided not to disassemble the gun. In another case, I would have dismantled it.

Ragnarok

Great video. I really liked the engraving, especially the silver inlay. It really stands out against the blueing. I was looking at the lettering on the slide, and saw ".45 Rubber". I've never heard of that caliber. Is that a newer European chambering?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Very nice design and cutting. That Russian pistol doesn't leave much space for traditional scrollwork.

This is the first time I have seen someone engrave a pistol with the slide and barrel assembled to the frame while engraving. It is so easy to disassemble an automatic pistol, I wonder why it was left together. Disassembled, it is easier to hold the parts in your vise.
did you ever put a ruger mark2, ss semi auto back together ? you'll get a serious headache if you try. ruger will put them back together for a cool $125.00. fortunately, i found a smith that did it for me. i made a couple small signs in xchange for the favor.

Ragnarok

did you ever put a ruger mark2, ss semi auto back together ? you'll get a serious headache if you try. ruger will put them back together for a cool $125.00. fortunately, i found a smith that did it for me. i made a couple small signs in xchange for the favor.

Monk, turning the Ruger pistol upside down helps a lot in the reassembly. At our gunshop, we'll get at least two a month to put back together. We charge a case of Shiner Bock to reassemble what we call "gun in a bag" which is how the customer usually brings them in.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Monk, turning the Ruger pistol upside down helps a lot in the reassembly. At our gunshop, we'll get at least two a month to put back together. We charge a case of Shiner Bock to reassemble what we call "gun in a bag" which is how the customer usually brings them in.

well, for me, i no longer engrave guns. my eyes are somewhat south of where they should be. it was my gun. i ended up not engraving it. i don't trust myself to do anything of value like a gun. my eyesight went to hades sometime ago. i now limit my engraving (hand work) to mostly items i make. if i screw that up, oh well.

Latest posts

Sponsors