Getting a gravermax g8 and have some questions

Pancho

Im going to be getting a g8 on Thursday and trying to figure out what all else I’m going to need. I’m sure the answers are out there I just don’t know the correct way to word a search and couldn’t find what I was looking for in the pdf manual from hrs so I figured I’d risk getting flamed and ask here.

Does the g8 need a regulator or is it internal?

Is there any reason I can’t switch out the push connect fittings with a standard air hose quick connect?

I’ve got a porter cable 2.6 scfm 90psi compressor right now, is this going to be enough or am I going to need to get a bigger one? I’ve no problem getting a different one, just already had this one.

Thanks in advance, this is my first foray into pneumatic engraving and like I said, I’m sure my answers are out there but I can’t seem to ask google the right questions.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Manuals and many videos available from GRS.
Quick Set up guide
Manual

The G8 has an internal regulator however the compressor should be set to 45-60lbs coming in to the machine.

The connector to attach the compressor could be switched to an air hose quick connects but it might take some adapters. Leave the handpiece and foot pedal connectors as they are.

Compressor should work. If it is an oil compressor make sure to get oil removing filters. If it is one of those loud ones I would consider looking into a California Air compressor.

Hope this helps.

Pancho

I saw the manual on grs I just couldn’t find my air compressor answers. For now I can live with the compressor sitting outside, eventually I do plan on upgrading to a quieter model,

So long as changing connections doesn’t screw something up I can get adapters, I just didn’t want to get it at 6 o’clock and not be able to play with it till Friday evening.

Thanks for the reply fegarex

Latest posts

Sponsors