Question: Engravers/engravings in Italy

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Hi forumfriends

Need tips from you here. I am planning a holiday to Italy this summer with my family and have considered taking the opportunity to visit places where I can study original engravings or places where engraving is performed. Having a starting point from the Milano / Tuscany area and having a couple of days I can spend time on this.

Any suggestions?

Jørn-Ove

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There are many engravers in Brescia (Gardone val Trompia). You can probably find one or two who would greet you and maybe give you a tour of their workshops.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ITALIAN ENGRAVERS TOUR 2013 - e"hand engraving tools ...
engraversstudio.com/italianengraverstour.htm

enset innovation engrave, engraver, engraving, ... a small village north of Brescia where we will stay in a family owned ... Italian Engravers Tour 2013 click ...
Hand Engraving Brescia, Italy - Lorenzo Gamba
www.engraverscafe.com/showthread.php?13139-Hand-Engraving-Brescia...

Dec 26, 2014 · Hand Engraving Brescia, Italy Lorenzo Gamba http://www.africahunting.com/firearms-ammunition-general/1379-firearms-engraving.html Lions and Buffalo Engraving http://www.africahunting.com/before-after-hunt/1887-lions-buffalo-engraving.html
Italian engravers - The World's Largest Hand Engraving ...
Jul 21, 2015
Italian engravers
Jul 21, 2015
June in Gardone, Brescia
Jun 18, 2010
Firmo & Francesca Fracasa Master Engravers
Dec 08, 2008
View from Behind the Trigger - Beretta Italy Factory Tour ...
shootclay.co.uk/.../29/view-behind-trigger-beretta-italy-factory-tour

View from Behind the Trigger – Beretta Italy Factory Tour! Posted by Nick ... Gardone Val Trompia is a small town in the province of Brescia, ... Engraving, or more ...

Dean

Elite Cafe Member
Great question Adder, I also will be in Europe area for a few weeks the end of June and first part of July, will be in Salzburg, Dolomites in northeastern Italy Füssen in Bavaria, Lauterbrunnen in the Swiss Alps, then on to Chamonix France, Paris, then London.

I have also been looking for engravers to meet with, I have found one from the forum here ( Rokkn,) great guy, and look forward to meeting up with and spending some time with him in Austria.. If anyone knows of any in the areas I mentioned I would like to know of them.

Thanks, Dean

Thanks, Dean

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for input friends. Have had small problems With internet last couple of days, so thats why my late response.
I see that I now have to convince my Family to go to Brescia:)

Jørn-Ove

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Okey friends.

I took the advice from Mr Alfano and I went on a daytrip to Gardone Val Trompia. I stayed at a B&B hotel in the naybour valley Sale Marasino. I was lucky enough because the husband of the owner was from Gardone.

Unfortunately he could not speak english, but with fingers and sounds he understood what I wanted to see. He contacted Creative Art in Gardone, Drove me to the valley and I met several engravers there.

I got a guided tour in the workshop and I got answers to many of my questions about bulino engraving. Fantastic people and I would like to thank mr Giacomo Fausti for the exellent guiding

Most of the engravings they had at the workshop was prototypes and therefor I couldnt take pictures of them

Anyway, here is a few pictures from the trip to Gardone Val Trompia ita8.jpg ita7.jpg
Mr. Fausti himself
ita6.jpg ita5.jpg ita4.jpg ita2.jpg
He was engraving the elephant in the picture on to the pen in 24k gold
Ita1.jpg The workshop was at the famous Beretta factory

So thank you Sam A for the tip:tiphat:

Jørn-Ove