The Gospel according to Nimschke & Bleile a

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Scott,A favorite book of mine is Lynton McKenzie Engraving Techniques and Smoke Prints,compiled by Pam McKenzie,Steve Lindsay & Don Patch a must have for all to read. J.J.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to Scott for reviewing my first book. I wish I had a case of them to sell but, alas, they have been out of print for over 30 years. If you are interested in a copy, check Amazon. You can sometimes find a copy there but they are usually quite costly unless you get lucky.

The Nimschke book is the first engraving book I purchased back in the 1970s. As I recall, I found it with a gun book dealer at the old Great Western Gun Show in Pamona, California. I paid $50. for it. I just checked the CPI Inflation Calculator which indicates that, in 1976, $50. is equal to $231.57 in 2017. That was a lot of money on a deputy sheriff's pay back then but I was willing to sacrifice to learn. Perhaps that is why I get annoyed by folks who want to learn everything for free on the Internet and ask how they can become an engraver for less than $100.

Thanks again to Scott for making this series of informative videos.

monk

Staff member
a very nice video. esp for a newb that may be unsure of purchasing a book. such give a hint at what can be expected of the book. tyvvm for sharing this.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to Scott for reviewing my first book. I wish I had a case of them to sell but, alas, they have been out of print for over 30 years. If you are interested in a copy, check Amazon. You can sometimes find a copy there but they are usually quite costly unless you get lucky.

Your first book is great and I got mine when it was first offered, gave me a lot of inspiration. Luckily I have all three of yours, bought as soon as possible, hedging on inflation. Thanks for writing them and for your glossary, which most folks new to engraving fail to study.

Bill

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Roger- After reading this post I found a copy your first book on eBay for $45- thought I was caught in a time warp, but I bought it anyway and completed the set. Delivery expected on February 29, 1983.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
a very nice video. esp for a newb that may be unsure of purchasing a book. such give a hint at what can be expected of the book. tyvvm for sharing this.

I used to display all my engraving books at the Engrave-In for these exact reasons.. But they got to be a real pain to spread out on numerous tables. So this is going to be the digital version. Thanks for all you do Monk as moderator, and all the funny comments along the way!!!

monk

Staff member
I used to display all my engraving books at the Engrave-In for these exact reasons.. But they got to be a real pain to spread out on numerous tables. So this is going to be the digital version. Thanks for all you do Monk as moderator, and all the funny comments along the way!!!

thanks not needed,but appreciated. this forum has become an addiction for me which i'm at a loss to explain. i hope i've helped a few along the way. i know the folks here have helped me quite a lot. i still credit roger bleile giving me a bit of encouragement, without which i may not have persevered. second is john rohner. he not only is part of grs, but surely helped me early on with the meister. lbnl, is the meeks book. my only regret is that of not being able to do the level of work that i once was capable.

Sponsors