Announcement: New to Engravers Cafe, just saying hello and sharing some of my engraving

BuddyAustin

Hey everyone, my name is Buddy Austin. I just started poking around the engravers cafe and there is so much great content and information on here. I'm excited to be a part of this community.

So thankful to Sam Alfano for starting this and also teaching me the basics of scroll design and engraving.

I have taken three classes at GRS now. One with Todd Daniels, one with Sam Alfano and one with Rex Pederson. I have also studied for a week with Jason Marchiafava at New Approach School.

I've been engraving about 5 years now and absolutely love it.

I attached my latest piece titled "Renaissance" as it was inspired by many of the classic artists of the Renaissance period like Da Vinci, Duhrer, Leonardo, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and check out my work. I'm looking forward to developing new friendships in this community and seeing more amazing work from you all.

- Buddy

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 235

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
absolutely gorgeous work ! obviously you never fell asleep in class. a real hint at the value of taking instruction. tyvm for showing

BuddyAustin

Nice to see you here Buddy! Great work on the watch like all of the other work I have seen.

Buddy was in a private Gun Engraving class a couple of years ago.
This was a video of the week.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ychUOJNlgp8
It was a great week!

Thanks Rex! I really enjoyed catching up with you on the phone the other day. That week with you and Sandy was a great learning experience. And lots of fun too! Now if I could just make the time to finish that derringer ! Haha, I have some pretty big plans for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Sponsors