Beginner's first day in GRS class

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Hi everybody!
Thanks for all the information you are sharing here, in fact it helped me take my decision to attend GRS classes (in Russia, St.Petersburg) instead of trying to learn alone - today was my first day, and it was impressive.
I have no background in engraving or jewellery making, just lots of theoretical knowledge I got from books and this forum, so I can't evaluate enough importance of practical classes for me.

For those who are just starting engraving, who are struggling and having hard times to get the result expected (after watching all those youtube videos) - please consider attending courses! It will clarify your questions and solve lots of issues fast and easy, before they get in habit, giving you more confidence and skills to start your way of engraver.

Have a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
tdelewis - exactly! And to see and touch already engraved practice plates as example in front of my eyes helped me a lot to understand how my cuts should eventually look like, watching videos was not the same.

gazzman151

all classes I have taken (GRS & private) have helped tremendously. this has advanced my engraving skills by years. Each class has saved me years of trying to learn it by myself. It's great to have good advice!

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
st Petersburg quite a town.. such contradictions, the struggle and the splendor.
hiked through the winter palace, obviously!

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
st Petersburg quite a town.. such contradictions, the struggle and the splendor.
hiked through the winter palace, obviously!

I've only seen airport and the class room by now)))) We start at 9, so I come at around 8:15 and finish late at 20:30 (or today for example even at 21:00)... but we'll have a little excursion to Ermitage museum on Saturday, hope to see the city))

Love this training, teacher is great, attentive and explaining everything quite clearly even for a non-professional.

I think it's quite important to have these courses here in Russian language, as I see 90% of jewellers and engravers from Russia and other republics around don't know English, so they are limited to very few translated books and unfortunately even can't learn from GRS training CDs - no Russian version available(
Thanks to Roman Karakurkchi for this opportunity!

Sponsors