+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
    ...you don't even have a clue as to who I am.
    That is true because you have decided to be mysterious by having nothing about yourself in your profile, including your location.

I don't feel that anything I wrote was disrespectful. It was my comment on my observations over a long period of time on this forum. I stand behind my comments with my full name, location, and reputation in the trade.
    C. Roger Bleile
    Author of American Engravers series of books.
    http://www.engravingglossary.com/
    FEGA Historian
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind. Johannes Brahms

2. Likes T.G.III, bronc, Dave London, mitch, Artemiss and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

duplicate, disregard
    C. Roger Bleile
    Author of American Engravers series of books.
    http://www.engravingglossary.com/
    FEGA Historian
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind. Johannes Brahms

Post Thanks / Like

hey there Big-un I completely understand, I have a California air compressor and it is completely worth the money. quiet does not cover it, I live in an apartment with thin walls and noisy neighbors, nobody can hear the compressor working. Heck you cant hear the compressor in the next room (not really lol)

I am a fan of understanding my equipment, good to see that others aren't above doing the same.

yall have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

oh, i didn't realize that I was being mysterious. How is my personal information relevant to the conversation, and as far as reputation yes sir I am sure you do have a reputation. I am sure that you do stand beside your comment, not very surprising really. I asked an honest question sir, and you made a choice to delegitimize that question, unnecessarily I might add.

have an absolutely blessed day sir, I know I will.

If you would like to know more about my personal information including name, Phone number and boot size please send a private message of interest and I will tell you all you need to know.

Post Thanks / Like

There are quiet a few youtube videos on how to adapt a 12V air compressor into a working unit for use with an engraver. you basically seal the ports/reed valves on top of the piston, and remove(if any) reed valves in the piston head. This makes it a simple push-pull affair on the air in the air line to blow and suck the piston back and forth against the spring in the handpiece. Making your own hand piece is very simple if you have a lathe, and there's many youtube videos for that as well, if not, you can purchase those from chinese sites/ebay. I love to tinker, and save money, but even the hand pieces I built on my lathe were not near as smooth operating as my Lindsay Airgraver.

7. Likes dogcatcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bryant ........... don’t let these guys intimidate you. I had the same impression when I started here but I have come to realize that they don’t mean any disrespect .......... they have learned from experience from many people that have tried and came to the conclusion that they just had to bite the bullet and buy the quality products ........ I know I did.

That said, try it and let us know what you find out. I know that someone came up with the idea of using scuba tanks and paint ball tanks with the Lindsay Engraver’s and that was a good thing that many use today.

I don’t think there are many if any here that have DIY that they use often. There are a few that have tried and decided that the quality products were more valuable for their purposes.

You may be the one that comes up with something great that we all could use ............ or you may come up with the same conclusions as many others have and bite the bullet.

That said, I know both GRS and Lindsay and Enset create and machine their parts from scratch to exacting specs that are built to last a lifetime and more to allow you to consistently produce to the best your skills and allow you to improve the fastest.

I have learned a lot from these guys over the past year or so. Many of these guys are masters and legends that freely share but sometimes they unintentionally seem a little gruff. Unintentionally is the key word here.

Soooo ........ please try it if you want to and let us know what you find out. Sorry most can’t help with DIY but can tell you that many have tried the Chinese and DIY stuff and learned bad habits trying to compensate for the equipment. Most ended buying the good stuff or like me, bought a bunch of used stuff.

Jus sayin
    Last edited by Memorymaker; 02-16-2018 at 03:31 PM.

9. Likes Jerry K liked this post
    Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I am the one who came up with the idea for the paintball tanks as a portable reserve.

That was shortly after the one and only FEGA show that I attended with Steve Lindsay... at that show we were using the little 4" CO2 cartridges to walk around with...

Later we went to a commercial/industrial CO2 restaurant tank to power the Airgravers in the shop that didn't need to be portable.

Jeeze, that musta been close to 20 years ago?

B.

11. Likes Jerry K, mitch, Dave London liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2