+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magnification

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the figures you gave me don't make much sense but lets assume you are using the scope with 10X eyepieces and 0.5 barlow lens. This will give you 3.5 X 22 power scope. It should be fine at the low setting. I would say it is a bad scope. Try someone else's scope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fegarex View Post
    Some of the figures you gave me don't make much sense but lets assume you are using the scope with 10X eyepieces and 0.5 barlow lens. This will give you 3.5 X 22 power scope. It should be fine at the low setting. I would say it is a bad scope. Try someone else's scope.
    That's exactly what I would like to do but I know of no one in my area that has a scope for me to try. I live on the east side of Mobile Bay in Daphne Alabama. If anyone knows someone in my area please let me know and I will send them a PM or give them a call and ask to look through their scope.
    Thanks.
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like

hey, Carl, i'm starting to wonder if this is just one of those anomalous optical mismatches. for some inexplicable reason, i could never get the "parfocality" feature to work on my Leica scopes unless both oculars were adjustable. with the standard arrangement of one adjustable & one fixed, i had to refocus every time i changed magnification. but both adjustable?- no problem. the Leica rep had never heard of such a quirk, but whatever works.

also, and this may be more analogous to your situation, when i tried 'line-less' bifocals (progressive lenses- instead of two separate corrections) maybe ten years ago they made my field of vision pitch & roll like a ship tossed in a stormy sea. the slightest movement of my head would literally give me motion sickness. my sister had run into the same problem. when i returned to the optician he said that roughly 5% of people have that problem and have to go with traditional bifocals.
    Mitch Moschetti

MRM ENGRAVING
    www.mrmengraving.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitch View Post
    hey, Carl, i'm starting to wonder if this is just one of those anomalous optical mismatches. for some inexplicable reason, i could never get the "parfocality" feature to work on my Leica scopes unless both oculars were adjustable. with the standard arrangement of one adjustable & one fixed, i had to refocus every time i changed magnification. but both adjustable?- no problem. the Leica rep had never heard of such a quirk, but whatever works.

also, and this may be more analogous to your situation, when i tried 'line-less' bifocals (progressive lenses- instead of two separate corrections) maybe ten years ago they made my field of vision pitch & roll like a ship tossed in a stormy sea. the slightest movement of my head would literally give me motion sickness. my sister had run into the same problem. when i returned to the optician he said that roughly 5% of people have that problem and have to go with traditional bifocals.
    Thanks Mitch. You are correct in saying that one lens is all that you use to focus. But that's not really the problem the scope stays in focus through all the motions, (zoom, and all) it's just the fact that the whole thing is not steady. I don't think I am moving my head, but I may be. Since I am used to using a Opti Visor. Could be that I am wanting to follow my tool with my eyes and not depending on the scope, if that makes any sense. I tried it again today and the same thing. So I just went back to my Opti Visor and finished the piece.
    Thanks for your input.
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like

Okay Im gonna jump in here...When I started I bought this Amscope...sounds identical to yours. There was and still isn't any movement. Are all your boom knobs all tightened up? have you gone through the proper focusing setup? tightened the scope in the mounting ring? Is your boom stand on a very steady surface. Is your vise attached to your bench? Is the movement of your vise moving your desk and thus moving your Boom and scope. The slightest movement of any of those things will be multiplied in what you see in your scope. All of those components have to be solid without movement. If they are then its you or the internals of your scope. These Amscopes are hit or miss. Mine works BUT it caused my eyes to become fatigued....

Don
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Donny; 02-08-2018 at 02:02 AM.
    Don R. Curtis
    New River, AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Carl, youíre welcome to come over to my shop in Pensacola, I have a Leica scope you can try. Iím about a 40 minute drive away, just shoot me a PM and Iíll give you directions.

7. Likes TallGary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don that does look exactly like my scope. I have checked everything I know of and am still having the problem. I have sent Gary a PM in Pensacola to come to his place and look at his scope. I'm really hoping I can find the answer after talking to him.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Carl

9. Likes TallGary, Donny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

keep us posted please on the hook up to your tv. Sounds great if it works decent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2