Air compressor dryer?

Forge Engraving

I’m brand new to engraving And I bought a hardware store air compressor and I’ve been told I need a dryer to go with it, and suggestions? Thank you for any input

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ordinarily a drier is not needed. they are handy if humidity levels are high. one does not want condensate in the bore of an air assist device. also steps are to be taken if the compressor uses oil. on the output side, between compressor and air assist tool, a regulator/oil trap filter should be used. don't be confused: an "rfl" unit is a regulator, filter, and oiler. these will send tiny amounts of oil downrange to the handpiece--- that's not good.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think it was Mitch that gave me a tip on setting up the compressor in a remote location and run a line to a storage tank in the same room as your equipment and then running a line to your device. This let you work in a quiet environment,increase the volume of air and let you bleed off any condensation before it reaches your tools. You still need to bleed off your compressor tank regularly.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Monk
The oil coalising filter is replaceable , has a metal housing and glass / plastic bowl like the moisture traps. About $80 5 or so years ago .

Latest posts

Sponsors