Transfer quality question

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
that isn't a transfer process problem, that's what your "half-toned" source image really looks like up close. half-tone is a printing process that breaks up gray tones into solid black dots in varying densities. it allows images like black-&-white photos to print well and is the standard for newspapers, magazines, etc. the 4-color CMYK process uses the same basic concept, but with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, & Black, to print in color.

not only is there nothing wrong with your transfer, it's pretty much dang near perfect, at least as far as the quality or resolution of the transferred image is concerned. you need to use 'line art' instead of half-tones if you want solid lines in your transfers.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And on another note, I'm not able to figure out how to get those quotes from other posts on my posts. I mean the windows that are lifted from other posts and inset into my post. Can I get some help on that please ? Thanks in advance, Mark

at the bottom of other people's posts there's a gray bar with "Reply", "Reply With Quote", & some little "+ thing that i don't know what it's for. click on "Reply With Quote" and that make the blue quote boxes in your post when you click to put your reply up. also, you can edit down the post you're quoting to focus on a particular sentence or whatever, just like i just did to yours.

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Mitch is 100% correct. You need to make a line drawing to resolve your problem. The transfer looks fine. Here is an example from a pendant I made. Just make the lines you really need and fill in the rest as you go.
Dog 2up.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
go to google search bar. type in "images". there's at least a truckload of copywrite free images that are ready to work. even better-- draw your own version on paper. scan, resize, then transfer. maybe a pain, but it's always advisable to develop drawing skills. evenntually one faces a situation where transfers are just a pain to use. ex. on a recoil shield or loading gate on a colt.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
wowilson;215374 Just make the lines you really need and fill in the rest as you go. [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
42954[/ATTACH]

Wow, I'll try that method of only the lines I need . It really makes sense. And it looks like I got the quote thing down too ! Thanks to you ,Mitch and Monk for the information.

Sponsors