Lights are on at Photo Bucket.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I guess Photo Bucket must have lost a lot of customers when they raised their fee dramatically. I got this offer today.

"We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $99.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites*. Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

We are working on some exciting changes for 2018. This is our exclusive introductory price and this offer will expire in 7 days."

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i use the free version.at 99 bucks, i'd tell them i'm a cheapskate, and they could jump in a lake.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
The best move PB could make is FIRE the idiot who dreamed up a fee of $300. On second thought perhaps they did, thus the reduction in fee. Still too high when other sites are much more reasonable.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Time to wise up, folks. These companies host your pictures on the internet and you either pay for it with cash or are subject to endless pop-up advertising. They have to make money somehow at your expense, but you have no control.

When the web became available to the public, you signed up with providers to get your email address and their content. Most of them, AOL, EarthLink, Mindspring, Yahoo, etc, provided you with the provision to have your own website. Then they gradually phased this feature out.

Maybe you are too lazy to take the time to figure out how to do your own website. They are pretty simple and most providers give you the tools to do this simply. They also provide simple tools to set up mailing lists, your own blog, a website, a unique domain name, etc. BUT....you can also use that hosting service for nothing other than to store your photos, videos, PDF's etc. There are bargains to be had. Take the time to read this site:

https://www.consumer-rankings.com/h...id=1213198935&s4=c.78134091890933&s3=s.e&ls=b

You have complete control of your own content. Web hosting is just like having a remote hard drive. You upload stuff, set up your own file system, and can post those items by using their URL. It ain't rocket science, it just takes a bit of new learning.

James

thanks DK, got a chuckle " you are too lazy to take the time...) too old and tech challenged, but a streak of lazy procrastination too. Thanks for the kick in the pants and the info!

Latest posts

Sponsors