Strange Interitances

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
The TV show Strange Inheritances was on tonight and it talked about the late firearms engraver & gun builder Rudy Marek and his large gun collection that his three sons inherited.Roger Bleile had Rudy in his first American Engravers. J.J.

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

Roger,Strange Inheritances on Rudy will be on tonight on the Fox channel 5 at 9'o'clock EST,hope you can find it.:thumbsup: J.J.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rudy Merek was the first engraver I ever met. That was in the late 50s. At that time he lived in Portland Oregon. I tried to learn some things about engraving from him but all he would tell me was how good he was. Robert Evans knew him pretty well.

JJ Roberts

jerry,After watching the video on Rudy I could see he had an ego,he did'nt spend much time with his wife or his three son's the wife left him spent every bit of free time engraving & building gun.Rudy died of cancer at the age of 70. J.J.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I finally saw the show on Rudy. He was one of the engravers that I featured in my first book and, to my pleasant surprise, the program showed Rudy's friend, Web looking at my book on two occasions. I learned a lot more about Rudy than I had known before from that program.

JJ Roberts

Roger,I was surprised to learn that Rudy turned Jerry away when he asked for advice about engraving,Rudy was turned away by engraver Arnold Griebel when he ask for help you would think he would have been glad to help someone after that but no his ego got in the way. J.J.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Rudy's son, a very tall man, attended the FEGA Show about 4-5 years ago.
His son was a very gracious gentleman with a beautiful wife and I have a picture if us together somewhere on my computer.
Will post it if I can find it.

Latest posts

Sponsors