Help, please: Image does not print actual size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all,
I'm trying to print my drawing using the HP deskjet 1000 for pictorico transfer film. However, the image is scaled down a bit when I print, not the actual size. I did pick the right size paper and all.

I tried 2 different scanners to scan the drawing but they both not printing the actual size, so it must be the printer's issue.

I had used the same printer in the past with no issue with image size on a Window 7. I have upgraded my computer to Window 10, now the printer will not print the actual size image.

Can someone help?
Thanks,
Denny

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
adjusting the resolution in the system may help. give it a whack. who knows, it might just work.

Scottyd

Is there a “fitâ€￾ box on the print screen? With a couple of choices like “shrink to fitâ€￾ or “fill pageâ€￾. Maybe that will help. I use Coreldraw to edit drawings and which prints true to size.

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Btw- I'm trying to print a drawing for a 1" x 6" bracelet.

So, I tested and drew a very simple star, scan, print, and it did printed on it's actual size image!!! Grrrrrr..........wasted all day today & still couldn't figure it out.
I guess I'm just going to trace the drawing with carbon paper on the bracelet.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There will be a few size options when you go to print..
they my not come up if you just hit the print icon, try using the drop down menu:
From file, choose "print", or if you have it, "print options.
Then, as ScottyD said, unclick fit to page, there may be a scaling option, choose 100%.. that will do it

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What program are you using to print? The default image viewer/printer leaves a lot to be desired. Try a simple editing program to print the image.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
print one @ "100%" on plain paper and measure it. do the basic math to figure out how much bigger or smaller you really need it. set printer to "___%" and print another on plain paper. if it's not exactly what you're after, keep making the necessary adjustments until it is. then print on the expensive transfer sheet.

hint- while you're dialing in the size, just keep flipping around the same piece of test paper and re-feeding it thru the printer. put a pencil mark thru previous attempts so it's easy to keep track of the newest image.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I suggest using a vector graphics application like Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW. Then you can make a rectangle the exact size of your bracelet, scale your artwork to fit, print, and you're done. I can't imagine doing what you're trying to do without using the proper software. It might be possible but I think there will be a lot of trial and error involved.

Inkscape is free and you can probably use that. I never had much luck with it years ago when I tested it, but it's probably a lot better now. Older versions of CorelDRAW can be found on eBay.

Domitilla

Use a graphics app, it’s superb for this kinda stuff.

I use photoshop, it pretty simple: go to image - image size - (then at the bottom of the box there will be some options to choose) select preserve detail enlargement - then just put in the numbers for the size, you can choose inch or mm.

Oh course it depends on the image to you start with, the definition of the image will deteriorate if you blow it up 10 times more, three will keep it in tack.

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
I had some trouble when printing directly from the photo/paint software,
so I copied the artwork and pasted it into a microsoft "word" file and printed that.

monk

Staff member
Btw- I'm trying to print a drawing for a 1" x 6" bracelet.

So, I tested and drew a very simple star, scan, print, and it did printed on it's actual size image!!! Grrrrrr..........wasted all day today & still couldn't figure it out.
I guess I'm just going to trace the drawing with carbon paper on the bracelet.

never give up ! there's an easy fix just waiting to be found.

monk

Staff member
sam mantioned corel draw. i'm still using ver 11. i have it on a win xp, a win 2000, as well as a macbook pro. the mac requires the use of parallels, a program that allows corel to fly on the mac. even tho it's seval years old, it does most eerything i need it for. a very good buy if it's cheap on the bay.

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
I thought I am the only one who has this problem :)

I had Windows 7 and when I upgraded to win10 I had the same problem.

I formated ( I mean I delete everything on my PC not only Windows but I deleted everything ) my pc and installed all the programs again, now everything is fine and there is no problem.

Also, be sure that you are using original (registrated ) programs.

Hi all,
I'm trying to print my drawing using the HP deskjet 1000 for pictorico transfer film. However, the image is scaled down a bit when I print, not the actual size. I did pick the right size paper and all.

I tried 2 different scanners to scan the drawing but they both not printing the actual size, so it must be the printer's issue.

I had used the same printer in the past with no issue with image size on a Window 7. I have upgraded my computer to Window 10, now the printer will not print the actual size image.

Can someone help?
Thanks,
Denny

Status
Not open for further replies.