+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Use Sam's "transfer wax" to give the part a light coating of wax, then lay tape over the part to pick up the wax and give you the outline.
    You could possibly use graphite or chalk to "dust" the piece and then pick up the image with clear tape.

Post Thanks / Like

What i often do is make a smoke pull of the area and then trace the outline on a piece of tracing paper. I then scan it into my computor and put the different scans together to look like a flat stretchout of the gun this way i always have a full size template to work from. I can also blow up and print sections for drawing layouts

3. Likes bronc, medaniel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FANCYGUN View Post
    What i often do is make a smoke pull of the area and then trace the outline on a piece of tracing paper. I then scan it into my computor and put the different scans together to look like a flat stretchout of the gun this way i always have a full size template to work from. I can also blow up and print sections for drawing layouts
    Second smoke pull method, and when its just to troublesome, the easiest way is to just draw directly on the item!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Saludos,
    Carlos

www.gunengraver.com

"strive to produce work that the very best engravers do, set your mark high, aim for it, but don't be disappointed when you don't get to 100%, you will have done your best and that's what counts" - Phil Coggan

5. Likes JJ Roberts liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2