Question: How do you draw outline of a part?

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi,

To make / draw outline of the area before I start to desiging, I scan the part and draw its outline border and it gives me very good result. But now I have a part and I can not scan it so I need to find a different solution.

How do you draw outline of the parts ?

Rstripnieks

If you will have borders,I sometimes cut the borders first then I fill them with ink ,burnish on sticky tape and then I transfer the line on paper ,once I get border contour on paper I just scan it and start my work from there

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
If you will have borders,I sometimes cut the borders first then I fill them with ink ,burnish on sticky tape and then I transfer the line on paper ,once I get border contour on paper I just scan it and start my work from there

Sounds good, I will try this. Thanks for the advice

Rstripnieks

Let me know how it worked, happy to help,
Also dont cut first border lines too deep ,just to get nice crisp line for ink to fill

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
SalihKara,I use a heavy vellum paper to make temples for gun parts outlines,did a tutorial on making temples see if you can find it. J.J.

Eric Olson

Elite Cafe Member
Use Sam's "transfer wax" to give the part a light coating of wax, then lay tape over the part to pick up the wax and give you the outline.
You could possibly use graphite or chalk to "dust" the piece and then pick up the image with clear tape.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What i often do is make a smoke pull of the area and then trace the outline on a piece of tracing paper. I then scan it into my computor and put the different scans together to look like a flat stretchout of the gun this way i always have a full size template to work from. I can also blow up and print sections for drawing layouts

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What i often do is make a smoke pull of the area and then trace the outline on a piece of tracing paper. I then scan it into my computor and put the different scans together to look like a flat stretchout of the gun this way i always have a full size template to work from. I can also blow up and print sections for drawing layouts
Second smoke pull method, and when its just to troublesome, the easiest way is to just draw directly on the item!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Sponsors