Start the New Year out right

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Happy New Year to one and all. Be sure to start the year out right by spending some time at the bench engraving! I always do.

The photo...Mother Nature's Christmas gift. Taken out the kitchen window Christmas Eve. First bob I have seen here in 31 years.

Attachments

• Bob out the window.jpg
    Bob out the window.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 199

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
First bob I have seen here in 31 years.

But they've probably been watching you the whole time. About 7-8 yrs ago i noticed a couple small mounds scraped up in the mulch and leaf litter about ten feet from my house. the scraped area was about two feet across, with about a 10" wide, 3"-4" high mound of dirt and leaves in the middle. when i kicked into it i found some sort of animal scat (poop, for those of you in Rio Linda). i googled "scat mounds" and that's how i found out we had a bobcat hanging around for a few weeks. he/she apparently preferred the area off the southeast corner of the house for a latrine, as there was a new deposit almost every morning. we should have bought a game camera to get a few photos.

and Happy New Year to you, too! :beerchug:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Happy New Year to all here in the U.S.and all our friends across the pond and beyond. J.J.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I would have gone outside and tackled that sucker and had his hide stretched and salted before he knew what hit him.

And a great 2018 to all my fellow engraver peeps!

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a nice one, healthy and well furred.

One crossed about 30 yards in front of my blind while hunting deer and bear in eastern North Carolina about three weeks ago. I didn't take a shot as he needed to grow some more.

Many years ago, while hunting from a pickup truck with my disabled uncle, we spotted one crossing the logging road about 250 yards away, and, just messing around, I started squeaking like a mouse to get his attention. Lo and behold, he heard me and started working his way toward us. I would squeak once in a while to see if he was really interested, and he walked right up to my side of the truck and just stared at me,. I could have touched him from the seat, but my uncle was freaking out, shouting, if he jumped in the truck he couldn't run from him! Mr bobcat and I looked at each other for quite some time, and even though I was talking to him (and my uncle shouting from the other side of the truck) it didn't seem to affect him. I guess he got tired of it all and eventually just sauntered away. They're beautiful creatures and wonderful to watch in their native environment.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I could have touched him from the seat, but my uncle was freaking out, shouting, if he jumped in the truck he couldn't run from him!

yeah, it's all fun & games til the bobcat hops in the truck. :shock:

Latest posts

Sponsors