***** in a tree

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There has to be something different about the mind of someone who is that good. It's not just practice or experience. What ever, it makes me want to try harder. It is a rare gift for sure.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Amazing! Phil how many years have you been engraving?

I probably took an interest around 1982-ish, I made tools from spring steel and experimented until I got something that would cut reasonably well, there was very few books on the subject back then and no video's or DVD's. I sent practice plates to named gunmaker but they were rejected with the message, we don't need any more engravers. I gave myself a year of practicing and if I was still rejected, I would give up trying, but within a few months a got work engraving A1 Brownings, some scrollwork and gamescenes, these were from gun shops, then I had a gun from a Gunmaker, and it all went from there.

There has to be something different about the mind of someone who is that good. It's not just practice or experience. What ever, it makes me want to try harder. It is a rare gift for sure.

If by seeing someone elses work inspires you to work harder...then that's not a bad thing Jerry!

Phil

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
I saw a "meme" on FB titled "Cougar sleeping in a tree" It was a nude mid age attractive lady draped over a tree branch much like your pic, yuk, yuk.