Critique Request Cat paw, no leaf sketch.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi y’all!
So I am perusing this cat paw no leaf scroll design and trying to do my own thing with it.
Now before I hack this scene into a knife I have been working on since March :mad:!! I need to be sure on the design.
Have I got it right:pencil:
This scene is suppose to be in a straight line 8 mm wide and repeat is self.
Mike

073F086A-8EC7-48CB-A907-3E8E5E6D41A3.jpg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I would say it works just fine. I might make a couple of small changes but there are no errors I can see and I think you did a good job of it. :thumbsup:

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam!
Well I guess I have to leave it for a while to come back and look at it with fresh eyes.
The small “errors” usually pops then.
//Mike

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a strange sort of style, but not in an objectional way. i kind of like it. probably would look better if it was cut into a piece of metal.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Yes Monk,I also think it looks better cut than on paper. Here below you can see the difference.

B5ECB6D9-5E32-4549-BBE8-44AB87BFDDD5.jpg
F3793742-7E40-4C7D-9A73-0452069B72FE.jpg

Crossbolt, you are right. That left scroll needs to be redrawn.
Anyway when I reduced the sketch in my printer, it turned out it was too big for an 8mm straight line:(
So I guess I have to come up with something else.
Thanks guys
Mike

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Interesting design. It works for me. That left base scroll is more open than the rest and if you can work out a bit more balance either adding to the left or opening up the others just a small amount it might look better.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
I haven’t tried that style yet and since I have been working on this knife since March it has to be something I have done before.

Mike

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
It appears that you have the skill to cut this scroll and make it look great. I am not as skilled and I tend to look for areas that I would have trouble cutting and make look correct. You have some tendril heads that are almost completely covered under other tendrils. Every time I try to cut something like this I always seem to make a mess of it thus I would change that part of your design to something I felt I could cut cleanly. That is a lovely design though I would like to see it if you decide to cut.

Latest posts

Sponsors