$9,000 knife...

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
What a great deal! They used to be $9500 so it's nice to find it discounted!

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can have mine for $8000 Sam, I've finished with it now, engraved my last gun and built a house extention with it!

Phil

Sam

Staff member
You can have mine for $8000 Sam, I've finished with it now, engraved my last gun and built a house extention with it!

Phil

Sounds really used, Phil. I only collect things in mint condition. I might go $7500 but that's it.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What! Sam has $8000 to pay for a few of us to join him in a road trip to see Phil. What a guy. I'm in. I've always wanted to meet Phil, see his shop, pick his brain, listen to him play guitar- I've been listening to Mark Knofler to get ready- and see my ancestral homeland. Yippee!!!!!!!!

Sam

Staff member
That's $8000 per person Phil is charging us, Lee. You'd think he'd do a Cafe discount but no dice.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a confession to make. I bought one of those Swiss Army super knives 40 years ago and it wrote three books for me. I tried to make it engrave a gun for me but it came out like this:

Attachments

• Bad ex. rotary work by Geo. H.Freed-1.jpg
    Bad ex. rotary work by Geo. H.Freed-1.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 130

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had the same problem Roger, couldn't understand what I was doing wrong......I was using the 32nd tool instead of the 33rd!!! everything has been ok since then.

Phil

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OMG what a disaster! That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

It always amazes me what one can get away with for ornamental engraving, or in this case grinding. The auction catalog I found that that picture in named the butcher and called him a "master engraver.:no:

Last edited: