Absolute beginner question

Lazydragon

Hi all,
Last week was the first time I picked up and attempted to use my hand push gravers. I have a large copper plate divided out into lines to practice lines and curves on. I am wondering if there is something (video, pictures, book etc...) out there, a guideline, as to what my lines should look like? I still have several slips, I think I may be cutting too deep, but I have no basis of reference. Is there a primer book for this? :thinking:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Lazydagon,Go to intaglio to finded videos you'll see print makers there using hand push gravers I found these's sites very interesting.Dick Blick is a good place for copper plates. J.J.

Lazydragon

Yeah, I wish I could afford a class or something. I really wish I could afford a power assist setup, but, alas...
Anyway, thank you all for the info, I will definitely look those up!:thumbsup:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Search my name on YouTube. I have a couple of hand push demonstration videos.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, I wish I could afford a class or something. I really wish I could afford a power assist setup, but, alas...
Anyway, thank you all for the info, I will definitely look those up!:thumbsup:

Search my name on YouTube. I have a couple of hand push demonstration videos.

Also on youtube there are several people that have made threir own air assist machines. Some actually seem to work. That may be an option for you.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the meeks book shows this, and quite a lot of insight as to what is needed to do engraving.