Help, please: Objective Lens Adapter?

Toddmichael

Good Morning All;

I recently purchased the .5 mm objective lens and adapter for my Leica A60. I installed and having a difficult time understanding why I needed the Adapter. Appears to be the same. Can someone help me if I truly need this?

alladin

Hi Todd,
From my understanding is the adapter allows for full zoom adjustment.
With only the objective lens the zoom adjustment bottoms out before reaching full zoom.
Hope this helps.

I thought i had read this somewere on the forum.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
THE .5 LENS CUTS OPTICAL POWER IN HALF. for most engraving that will suffice. if not, simply buy eyepieces of higher power. the other side-- the .5 doubles the working distance. important as this allows room for the hands to work more effectively. not sure what the adaptor is.

alladin

Found this bit of info from the GRS site,

"The Leica A60 was not originally designed to use objective lenses. As a result, traditional offerings only allow a 5:1 zoom ratio with an objective lens. GRS engineered an objective lens adapter that allows you to get the full value of the 6:1 zoom range Leica intended."

Hope this helps.

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
alladin is correct, The adapter was not available when I first bought my A60, without it the lens in the scope bottoms out on the objective lens limiting the scopes zoom range. Is the adapter absolutely needed? Technically no but you are limiting the scopes ability without it.

"The Leica A60 was not originally designed to use objective lenses. As a result, traditional offerings only allow a 5:1 zoom ratio with an objective lens. GRS engineered an objective lens adapter that allows you to get the full value of the 6:1 zoom range Leica intended."

Hope this helps.

Toddmichael

Hope this helps.

Thank you, this was the information I was wanting to learn....

Latest posts

Sponsors