I'm done with Chinese made machines.

Jace Patrick

I know that I am new to the world of engraving but I have experience using gravers for jewelry. And I am 100% done with Chinese knock off machines. I have the cheap "Graver Helper" at home right now, and not only does it not perform like my GRS Gravermax G8 that I use at work, the knock off version left my thumb cut open with splinters and burrs at every cut.

Attachments

• 20171128_203314.jpg
    20171128_203314.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 20171128_203317.jpg
    20171128_203317.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 277

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Jace,When asked about engraving,tools,books and class's I tell students don't buy anything until you talk to me and when a student come to my class they only need to bring a drawing & note pad pencils and lunch. J.J.

Vin

Jace Patrick,
It is unfortunate that you have cut yourself on splinters and burs.

Were you aware that the 'Chinese' machines are easily modifiable and improved?
For example, search youtube for: "Cheap Chinese pneumatic graver Hack Modification by Shaun Hughes".

I assume you are on a budget considering the machine you bought. If you are interested in saving money and learning how the engraving machine works, a great option is to build your own machine.

Kind regards,
Vin

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I know that I am new to the world of engraving but I have experience using gravers for jewelry. And I am 100% done with Chinese knock off machines. I have the cheap "Graver Helper" at home right now, and not only does it not perform like my GRS Gravermax G8 that I use at work, the knock off version left my thumb cut open with splinters and burrs at every cut.

The trouble with trying to save money by buying a crappy tool is that it actually costs you that much more for the good tool. You can just mark it down as tuition towards your education. Almost everyone has had a similar experience if they live long enough.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
fortunately my first real toy was a gravermeister. there were no alternatives then. btw, the meister still works good as new. not sure if this is a message-- you decide.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I purchased my gravermeister sometime before 1976. It still works great. I took it to GRS one time to have it looker over. I think they changed the belts maybe some cleaning. It cost me a few dollars for what they did. I have used the new equipment in the GRS classes and they are great. I just haven't made the move to get new stuff.

Latest posts

Sponsors