Question: S&W model 66 I inherited simply trying to find the history.

HunterCO

I inherited this gun don't care what its worth would just like to figure out who engraved it and learn its history. Above the screw below the squirrels looks like initials I was told to come here to hopefully find out. The lady lived in CA so I am going to assume the engraver lived there also. Sorry to impose hope you can help me.

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 151

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Your picture of the initials is lousy. It would help if it was clear. Does it happen to say A Bee? If I squint enough I see what looks like a bee and the letters A Bee. If so that would be Angelo Bee. Was a Browning engraver moved to the US and engraves freelance. Looks like his work. Last I knew he was still around. I saw him I think 2 years ago in Vegas.

HunterCO

Thank you very much sir I am sorry for the crappy pic my cell phone is all I had. I used a magnifying glass and it does in fact have a bee then the letters A BEE. Again thank you for your help.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am pretty sure he has a web site so any info can be obtained from him. For what it is worth, it is a nicely done pistol.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Angelo Bee was born in Italy in 1935 and moved with his family to Belgium in 1947. He began work as an engraver at FN in 1951. Angelo once told me that he had engraved over 10,000 guns. Constantly engraving guns for 66 years, I don't doubt him. I last spoke with Angelo about 10 months ago and he was in fine form.

Latest posts

Sponsors