+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Engraver Questions

Greetings,

I am new to the world of engraving and this forum as well, but I am very excited to begin! I am a jeweler in SLC and I was fortunate enough to attend a training with Sam last week and I am currently building up my bench at home. I am looking for any advice on set up, tool purchasing, etc, as well as some tips on how to advance my skills.

After returning from Sam's private course last week and showing what I had done I had multiple people approach me about jobs that are a little out of my hands at this point. One being a gun and the other being a pair of rolex bands. I would love to jump right in but I want advice from everyone here first.

Thanks Everybody!

Post Thanks / Like

sam did a thread on workbenches. take a stroll thru that. there's surely enough info to allow building perhaps the perfect bench.
    btw, welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I learned how to set stones this summer, one thing i can say for sure, is that you will need an engraving side and a jewlery work side, not an all in one of space allows it.
    Saludos,
    Carlos

www.gunengraver.com

"strive to produce work that the very best engravers do, set your mark high, aim for it, but don't be disappointed when you don't get to 100%, you will have done your best and that's what counts" - Phil Coggan

+ Reply to Thread