Lion head

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
Not long ago I have engraved a portrait of lion in a stainless steel plate. Little more than an inch in diameter.
Picture taken with a very old Micro Nikkor 50mm and a Nikon AI to Micro-Four-thirds adapter. Worked amazingly well, actually better than with a new Olympus Pro lens.
Martin

Attachments

• Löwe Bulino 1.jpg
    Löwe Bulino 1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Lion Bulino engraved.jpg
    Lion Bulino engraved.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 339

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work Martin, love the snarl. You mentioned steel plate so it is a practice plate for a gun project?

Dan

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Death in long grass,keep up the good work Martin.:thumbsup: J.J.

Last edited:

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Roger, oops...... I do them all the time and forget others don't need to.

Hi Martin, no offense intended. I don't know how to do the smiley face stuff but I would insert an embarrassed one if I could...
Dan

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Fantastic Martin! Powerful rendition and expertly done. Good to see you posting!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is why Martin is one of my favorite engravers and I pay attention when he makes a suggestion. Good to see your work and hear from you again.

Snarling cats are one of the most difficult animals to engrave. Too often the snarl turns into a smile. I've seen a lot of poorly engraved lions. This one is excellent. Bravo my friend. Very well done.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i just love that image. it's a beautiful balance between anatomical & photographic perfection and more stylized animal drawings of the past, such as one sees in the Bergling books, Victorian era art, etc. not just a great engraving, but really a wonderful work of art.

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
i just love that image. it's a beautiful balance between anatomical & photographic perfection and more stylized animal drawings of the past, such as one sees in the Bergling books, Victorian era art, etc. not just a great engraving, but really a wonderful work of art.

Right on Mitch, I would even add Albrecht Duerer...
That s exactly why Martin Strolz is my favourite animal engraver all time.

Latest posts

Sponsors