Using two tools

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
An example of what can be done using very basic hand tools, in this case a square chisel and a chasing hammer.

Sharpening by hand. Nothing fancy except the microscope I was using, but obviously it can be done with a headset magnifier.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 259

MoldyJim

Elite Cafe Member
"Nothing fancy",

Except massive ninja engraving Skills.

But thanks for the encouragement, someday I hope to have some small skill too.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam,When I visited Roy Vail gun engraver the first time I had a box with practice plates,hammer's,chisel's,hand push tools and engravers vise,when Roy look in my box full of tools he ask what are you doing with all those tools,well I thought I needed them. Roy said all you need is seven tools.Keep it simple. J.J.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam,When I visited Roy Vail gun engraver the first time I had a box with practice plates,hammer's,chisel's,hand push tools and engravers vise,when Roy look in my box full of tools he ask what are you doing with all those tools,well I thought I needed them Roy said all you need is seven tools.Keep it simple. J.J.

A lot of truth to that, JJ. Churchill has very few tools cluttering his workbench, and he produced the best engraving in America.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
as i've often told people, i do about 95% of my work with maybe 5 tools and the other 5% with about 500.

Latest posts

Sponsors