Music for engraving:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Here's something that I find inspiring while engraving. I very often listen to classical music while engraving. I find it soothing, relaxing and inspiring....Plus I don't have to be distracted by trying to remember the words,.... cause there ain't none.

But most of all I find Ludwig van Beethoven's words uplifting.

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=225&v=mJ_fkw5j-t0

jim garrett

I agree with listening to classical music while engraving; however, if you want to get the job done in a hurry, listen to Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever and you will engrave everything on your bench in less than 1 minute

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After teaching school for 33 yrs and then coming home to engrave...i found total silence to be very relaxing i still dont listen to anything while engraving i like the quiet meditative calm of no noise

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Actually, any form of music can be inspiring. It's these words that I fount so poignant.

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
classical, modern jazz quartet and a bit of bluegrass works. it is impossible to engrave whilst listening to gatemouth brown. i just stop and lose my mind !

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
tool, bungle, sepultura, haida songs, scriabin, and clesmer/gypsy stuff... for some reason.. deep forest when i work with my dad

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
Enya, Clannad, Adam Hurst, Bela Fleck, Gordon Lightfoot, Simon & Garfunkel, PP&M, John Denver, Loreena McKennitt, .....

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just goes to show that everyone is different and is inspired by almost anything. Personally, I like modern Christian music or four part gospel.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Jazz,Big Bands from the 30's 40's Duke Lllington,Louis Armstrong,Count Basie.Sinatra,Billie Holiday,Nat King Cole,Dave Brubeck and Miles Dives.:cool: Nothing good on the radio anymore unless you pay for it. J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors