Foredom hand piece

Pancho

Was helping my uncle move and was given 2 foredom handpieces. I believe they are the 55A or very similar if not. I’m wondering what I need to get them working or I should pass them on to someone who would have more of a use for them. Any help is appreciated and I’ll try to get pictures up in the next few days once I find a host for them.

Pancho

[/IMG]
Here’s what I have, looks like a 55 no letter.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I recon you need the motor to get them running....
can't see your pictures on the iPad.. may just be me .

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you will need a foot pedal, the motor, and a flexshaft. there's a couple on the bay right now.

Pancho

Jim, I don’t know what a no letter 55 is worth but as I already have a dremel and I’m not sure that one isn’t a parts piece for the other I would be willing to work something out.

Chujy, I may not have a high enough post count but one came with the plastic sleeve and cursory instruction slip.

Monk, thanks, I’ll take a look there and see what I’m getting into if I decide to keep it. Will any foredom shaft motor and pedal work with it?

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hey pancho.. i looked it up.. thats actually a pretty cool handpiece... i couldnt see (with a cursory look) any sighn of what motor to run it off, the catalogue, that different handpieces go to different motors... that said, i swap a bunch of different handpieces around my various motors, including a dremel one... nothing has exploded yet.. but i won't be liabel for what you do;)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the output end of the shaft is common to all the handpieces. i would think the same for the foot pedal. at one time there was a motor, flexshaft, pedal, and an "n-gravr" brand impact handpiece. you could not only have the rotary feature, but a power assist engraving tool.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
I could use them if you are thinking about passing them on .......... actually I cannot use it. I have an Ngraver that uses the Freedom Power Graver. The Freedom Power Graver only goes to 2800 rpm and the other Freedom motors run up to 18000 rpm.

Last edited:

Pancho

Apparently there is a motor, shaft and pedal somewhere in his boxes but it will be awhile before I’ll be able to play with it. If I decide to pass it on I’ll let everyone know. Thanks for all the info so far.