noisy foot throttle

Stonesetter77

I recently bought a gravermax g8 and have only had time to use it a couple of times. I have to push the pedal al least halfway before it starts engraving and the pedal makes a loud hissing noise. Is this normal ? I don't hear anything like it if I watch any YouTube videos and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be doing that, but not positive. Can't see how I would have hooked anything up wrong and it's been doing this since the very first time I tried it. Anyone know what's up with that ? Thanks

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The foot pedal releases air by design. The more you press it the more air goes out of it. Usually you don't hear it because it is on the floor.
In your case there may be a couple of things wrong. It may need adjustment and/or the air pressure is too high. Go to the GRS web site and look under resources for videos There is a repair video for the foot pedal. A very easy fix.
Another common problem is people tend to have too much air pressure on the regulator. If you are using the 901 or Magnum hand piece the pressure should be around 18-22 psi. Raising the pressure will not make the tool hit harder but actually make it take more foot pedal.
I think either or both of these issues should fix you right up.
Rex

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I might add that if you just bought the machine new I doubt the pedal is out of adjustment but if it is used it can loosen or the previous owner may have messed with it.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Every person I've ever worked with that purchased a GRS pneumatic has called me over thinking something was wrong because the pedal was leaking. They hold their factory adjustment well and as Rex mentioned, it's likely spot on. They are very simple systems that rarely need adjustment.

Stonesetter77

Thanks guys, I think I'll just give them a call after I check the handpiece pressure. Thanks for the advice ;)

Domitilla

I recently bought a gravermax g8 and have only had time to use it a couple of times. I have to push the pedal al least halfway before it starts engraving and the pedal makes a loud hissing noise. Is this normal ? I don't hear anything like it if I watch any YouTube videos and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be doing that, but not positive. Can't see how I would have hooked anything up wrong and it's been doing this since the very first time I tried it. Anyone know what's up with that ? Thanks

I had the same problem.....my foot pedal is not working when hooked -up directly to the Graver Max G8, contacted GRS several times but the issue still remains unresolved!

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Have you adjusted the air pressure and adjust the pedal like the video shows? The pedal is a simple affair and doesn't take much to keep it working for a long time. The other thing you might want to check is to see if the nuts on the pivot rod are tight.

Domitilla

Have you adjusted the air pressure and adjust the pedal like the video shows? The pedal is a simple affair and doesn't take much to keep it working for a long time. The other thing you might want to check is to see if the nuts on the pivot rod are tight.

Was this address to me? Anyway thanks for trying to help. I’ve tried everything thing possible and repeated it thrice, with my limited abilities of knowing the in’s and outs of the GRS machines.

Can’t repeat it again, I just don’t have that much patience.

Domitilla

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Can't repeat it again? I don't understand. Is it working now?
Here is the link. Foot Pedal
By the way.. What color are the quick connect couplers for the hoses?

Domitilla

Nope it’s not working now, I’ve already done the readjustment stuff on the foot pedal throttle. It not only the problem with the foot pedal there are some other internal issues in the G 8 box which I’m unable to resolve.

Can’t understand how the quick connects are related, anyway they push press ending is orange.

Stonesetter77

I called grs, they answered right away and walked me through problem solving step by step. 10 minutes later my problem was solved and got the machine running better and more responsive than ever before ! I was SO happy and thankful for the helpful tech support. Absolutely world class, couldn't have been better or more professional;)

Sponsors