Critique Request would love any input

Wew0001

Just finished this up, I am always interested in a good Critique. Thank you for the help as always! spyderco engravers cafe .jpg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I’m not crazy about the scrolls going behind the borders. Your work shows potential though.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the 2 scroll on the left come out of the border at a very steep angle. the angle should start out at almost parallel to the border. the way you did this destroys the "flow". the left most scroll is squashed a bit. not a good spiral to begin with. i would have eliminated the leaves in the corner, and moved the entire design farther back. all that's not really good here will get better in time. my advice, fwiw-- practice drawing the spiral till you get it as perfect as poss. this has been said before--" a perfect scroll that's poorly cut looks better than a wonky spiral cut perfectly". keep at it

Wew0001

omar knife.jpg Thank you Monk I agree. It didn't dawn on me that that happened until you said something. I believe my original drawing was much better. somewhere in transferring and cutting something happened. Some of the problems you mentioned still exist without a doubt in the original drawing. This is the original sketch scanned in the computer. The steep angle was much better there I think. Thank you again for the critique. Engravers Cafe has been a great tool especially the critique request feature! Thank you Sam and everyone involved with Engravers Cafe.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
an improvement for sure. i failed to mention before, the scroll i think are a bit too large for the area in which they are to fit.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When designing you must not leave anything out. in this case you mentioned something happened between drawing and cutting. You cut the knife with a border. Your drawing goes right to the edge of the outline and over it. Next time include the border as part of the design process.

Sponsors