Alexandre@work series new on youtube

James

ladies and gentlemen, may I recommend the Alexandre@work series new on youtube. Wonderful one of brightcutting large script initials with a gorgeously polished 150degree graver.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks! in #6 "Improvisation", is he using a pneumatic handpiece with the millgrain tool? never heard of that before...

Andrew Biggs

is he using a pneumatic handpiece with the millgrain tool?

Yes.........the trick is to cut them down to about half way or slightly longer. They are to long straight out of the packet and hard to manage.

The other trick is to have them with the hook facing down. If the hook is facing up it acts as a spring.

Then you hold it almost straight up and down so it hammers into the metal while you roll it.

Easy peasy :)

Cheers
Andrew

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
OK, I watched "flower plate" and "stainless steel". I have a newfound respect for you jewelers. I will watch the rest when I can and continue to repeat "WOW" while watching.
Thanks for the heads up, Mark

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Using the handpiece for the milgrain tool allows you to cut tighter curves and run a border in one shot. Best thing since the proverbial sliced bread. You don't need much pressure. Andrew is spot on about cutting them down. This is key.

Latest posts

Sponsors