Question: Marathon 600 micromotor, any thoughts ?

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi,

I am about to buy a new micromotor.

Actually I wanted to buy NSK but it is not being sold in my country.

Here is the specifications for Marathon 600

50.000 rpm
7.8 Ncm Torque
230W

http://www.alexmakina.com.tr/marathon-multi-600-mikromotor-50000-devir-pmu469

Does anyone have experience with this one ? Will it work for me for many years ? How about the quality ?

Last question, is Marathon and Foredom same company ?

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Hello SalihKara,
I don't know about the product you mention but I have had good luck and fine service from a fairly inexpensive unit I bought from the Gesswein Company. It is the ECO-Torque 280 and comes with a 3/32 inch collet and a 1/16 inch is also available for order.
This set up costs $200.00 US and I got mine on sale for $149.00. It runs true and smoothly and i have used it for a couple of years without problems.This units hand piece looks the same as the one you show but the control box is different.
You might check to see if it's available in Turkey.
PS. It also has a tool-less quick change tool bit feature which I very much like.

Last edited:

Gary Malone

SalihKara, I bought the Marathon 700 2 or 3 years ago and so far it has performed flawlessly. My son has the Foredom unit at his jewelry store and they are identical units at least on the outside and power and smoothness is same. Both are 50K RPM.

Mine only has 3/32 collet and I think cost was around $600 Good luck with your purchase.

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
Hello SalihKara,
I don't know about the product you mention but I have had good luck and fine service from a fairly inexpensive unit I bought from the Gesswein Company. It is the ECO-Torque 280 and comes with a 3/32 inch collet and a 1/16 inch is also available for order.
This set up costs $200.00 US and I got mine on sale for $149.00. It runs true and smoothly and i have used it for a couple of years without problems.This units hand piece looks the same as the one you show but the control box is different.
You might check to see if it's available in Turkey.
PS. It also has a tool-less quick change tool bit feature which I very much like.

Hi John,

Thanks for the advice but it is not being sold in Turkey,

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
SalihKara, I bought the Marathon 700 2 or 3 years ago and so far it has performed flawlessly. My son has the Foredom unit at his jewelry store and they are identical units at least on the outside and power and smoothness is same. Both are 50K RPM.

Mine only has 3/32 collet and I think cost was around $600 Good luck with your purchase.

Hi Gary,

thanks for the info,

Untill now Marathon seems the only and the best option for me, there are some other brands but they all cheap and made in China products,

I think I will buy the marathon, I have a question about marathon, is the rotarty exactly centered ?