Question: Maintenance: Lindsay v/s GRS Graver Mach /GRS Graver Max

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I seem to get around a month out of a 20 pounder? - but that is not purely engraving every day, about 30% of time is spent fabricating...

Never actually kept a record of actual time spent using the CO2 because I switch tools fairly often as well. Be pretty difficult.

Everyone is gonna get a little different result depending on the type of work/depth of cut.

It uses a small amount of CO2 while idling, so if you leave the valve open all day or forget to shut it off at night - or over a weekend - there may be some waste involved?

Brian

I just found out from a student who also grows the green stuff, that he uses CO2 tanks for that purpose.

So......might be a good idea to put a few plants in your shop window - which of course is strategically placed right over your bench ;)

Depending on where you live in the USA... these tanks may be more common these days?

Last edited:

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I seem to get around a month out of a 20 pounder? - but that is not purely engraving every day, about 30% of time is spent fabricating...

Never actually kept a record of actual time spent using the CO2 because I switch tools fairly often as well. Be pretty difficult.

Everyone is gonna get a little different result depending on the type of work/depth of cut.

Brian

I just found out from a student who also grows the green stuff, that he uses CO2 tanks for that purpose.

So... depending on where you live... the tanks may be more common these days?

He grows Money? How cool is that!

Domitilla

It uses a small amount of CO2 while idling, so if you leave the valve open all day or forget to shut it off at night - or over a weekend - there may be some waste involved?

Brian

So......might be a good idea to put a few plants in your shop window - which of course is strategically placed right over your bench ;)

Depending on where you live in the USA... these tanks may be more common these days?

Thanks for the info;)

Latest posts

Sponsors