Question: Knife suggestions

WSammut

Anyone know of any decent knifes to engrave? Still somewhat of a beginning so nothing crazy expensive but no cheap Chinese stuff that'll fall apart. I've done a few Bucks and really like the look of them.
Thanks

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
other than custom knives, i've only done buck folders. they were all nice to work on. for the price, i think they are a reasonable value. they may not be as fancy as some of the imports, but they are of a higher quality than any of the imports i've looked at.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
A cheap is one of the Maxam lockback knife. Stainless steel blade with aluminum scales. I landed up with about 10 of them, they have anodized scales, red, blue, and plain aluminum scales. The aluminum cut okay even for a hobbyist like me. I used them for last years Christmas presents.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
I have engraved several Ken Onion Kershaw knives they cut nice after you sand off the coating on the scales.
Leland

MoldyJim

Elite Cafe Member
P_20170228_163043.jpg The aluminum scales on Kershaw knives engraves nicely, and the colors make for nice contrast.
Spyderco stainless is fairly easy to engrave too.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gerber folders are good to cut and look really good, especially the bone handled ones.

metalnart

I really like your style, looks very unique. I am a beginner and still finding "my style", long way yet.

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
I just received a Ruike P128...have pulled it apart and "test" engraved on inside to see how it cuts and was pleasantly surprised...cuts as nice as a Spyderco .... YMMV These are $50.00 knives but are very well made / machined and blade pivots on ball bearings...really nice flipper for the money.
www.ruikeknives.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors