+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GRS Pedal continuous leak

Hi friends
    I'm new with Gravermax, the issue that i have is when I put my compressor on, there is some air leaking continuously from the pedal. when i press it down, the engraver goes on, and the pedal leaking stops. My small Bambi is always on, is it normal? should i go for a bigger compressor? thanks
    Last edited by Saikakam; 09-27-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the GraverMax does use quite a bit of air, so you'll probably be better off with a bigger compressor. And yes, the foot pedal is supposed to leak some air all the time.
    Mitch Moschetti

MRM ENGRAVING
    www.mrmengraving.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like

GRS foot pedals redirects air to the handpiece when it is depressed and leaks air when not depressed. This is exactly opposite of the Lindsay footpedal in that the Lindsay stops air until the footpedal is depressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this true for all GRS machines? I just bought a used Gravermeister Series 300, Model 101-C, and I'm having a problem -- the handpiece vibrates like crazy even when the pedal isn't depressed. When I disconnect the pedal, and put my finger on the tubing (that would normally attach to the pedal) it is sucking area, rather than pushing air out. Is this why my handpiece is vibrating so violently? Any ideas about how I fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Is this true for all GRS machines? I just bought a used Gravermeister Series 300, Model 101-C, and I'm having a problem -- the handpiece vibrates like crazy even when the pedal isn't depressed. When I disconnect the pedal, and put my finger on the tubing (that would normally attach to the pedal) it is sucking area, rather than pushing air out. Is this why my handpiece is vibrating so violently? Any ideas about how I fix it?
    Gravermeisters actually do use a negative pressure (vacuum) system. The old joke about Gravermeisters vs. Gravermaxes is do you want one that sucks? Or one that blows? I haven't owned a G-Meister in 20 yrs (but saw one just a couple days ago) and I'm trying to think what would cause that sort of problem. In a G-Max it would be excessively low air pressure supply, but that ain't it with a 'Meister. hmmm...

Kinda seems like there was something about adjusting the handpiece... maybe how far in the air fitting is screwed into the rear end? maybe that's out too far and the piston can't make contact with the front end of the cylinder (so it's just going back & forth without impacting the anvil)? try screwing the rear fitting in farther while it's running and see if the vibration eventually stops. let me know how that works. any chance you got an instruction manual with it?
    Mitch Moschetti

MRM ENGRAVING
    www.mrmengraving.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default RE:

Thanks so much for your replies! We had the same problem with the pedal!

+ Reply to Thread