Question: Apprenticeship expectations

WSammut

Been thinking about apprenticing under a master for a bit now and just wondering what exactly to expect. I'm sure each master who takes apprentices is different and each apprenticeship is different but are there some fairly standard thing I can expect? Do I pay, get paid, give a cut of work? How often should I expect to be there? (Was thinking 2-4 days a month as I work full time but that may get nothing done). What do I work on, my work, lots of practice plates, easy parts of their work (background removal)? Any recommendations from anyone's past apprenticeship experiences?
Thank you for any advice.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
just guessing here-- i would think the individual with whom you apprentice would be more able to give you a realistic layout of what your responsibilities, duties, and such would be. i'd think the requirements might differ a good bit from one master to another, depending on the masters' schedule.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
apprenticeship, as i've experienced it, is not school.
you work on the masters projects, and are paid for it.. best value is if you do a lot of different tasks and do learn all levels
pay should correspond to level of experience.. if the master has to redo your work, then its costing them

Latest posts

Sponsors