Apple IOS 11 and Procreate 4 updates

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Both the updates for the iPad Pro are now available and run well. The new Procreate 4 is remarkable, especially the new "wet mix" and "smudge" tools. It's even more fun than before! Just make sure you back-up all your drawings to some cloud device before updating. I had no problems, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

l. bacon

I have been exploring my new ipad 1OS11.2 and procreate 4, but I can't draw a mark on it. At first it did work but has since stopped. I think it may have something to do with maybe opacity, or maybe it won't change color. I select a color but as soon as I tap the screen it changes to white. when I tap the screen the eye dropper circle shows white and follows the touch. Any help here would be appreciated.

medaniel

Sounds to me like you might need to pair your Apple Pencil. Go to bluetooth and forget your Apple Pencil. Plug the pencil into your iPad and a prompt should appear asking to pair. Have you charged the pencil? from your opening page swipe to the right
and scroll to the bottom for battery condition. Your pencil should appear there after it's paired. Drove me nuts at first!

l. bacon

Thanks medaniel. I finally did get it to work after to days of studying and fiddling with it. I went to advanced gesture controls and changed to selected tool. This is quite a learning curve for a computer illiterate old guy! lol

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks medaniel. I finally did get it to work after to days of studying and fiddling with it. I went to advanced gesture controls and changed to selected tool. This is quite a learning curve for a computer illiterate old guy! lol

You found the solution. Also download the manual to iBooks and keep it handy at all times until you learn the app.

Sponsors