Picked up a complete set of tools.....

Mnavarro

I just picked up a complete set of tools. Little did I know till I went to pick them up that they belonged to the late Byron Burgess. I am honored to own his tools, and hope to learn more about the art of engraving.

The set included everything that he used for engraving. A gravermiester, lots of gravers, a ball vise, small files, a microscope, a power hone with the angle fixture, and many other miscellaneous tools.

I will post some pictures later.

Last edited:

Mnavarro

[/IMG]

Last edited:

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I knew Byron a little, he studied under Brian Bridges for a while and did some contract work for Fritch Bros. in Morro Bay when I worked there eons ago.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I lived in Santa Maria, CA when I began learning to engrave. Mel Wood lived there at the time and helped me in the beginning. Later, two other Santa Barbara County deputies, Pete Geiger and Hugo Galante also began doing some engraving.

Mnavarro

I lived in Santa Maria, CA when I began learning to engrave. Mel Wood lived there at the time and helped me in the beginning. Later, two other Santa Barbara County deputies, Pete Geiger and Hugo Galante also began doing some engraving.

Wow small world. Santa Maria is still a fairly small town it has grown substantially in the last 10 years though. I have yet to experiment with the gravermiester yet. This weekend I will have a go at it, and see what happens.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

I lived in Templeton when your first book came out.Just started to work for a bit and spur maker there.

Latest posts

Sponsors