Critique Request Event Horizon, scrolls without leaves ✅

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Zirconium pivot representing the black hole and the Ti outer ring is supposed to be the event horizon.
The scrolls is clusters in space, that why I didn't want to use leaves in the scrolls.
The sculpting represent how the black hole warps the space.
IMG_6453.jpg
The best
Mike

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Yes it turned out better than I was hoping for but that's thanks to you guys and this forum. Some of you helped me more than enough and I am very grateful for that. I am not saying that I am there yet but with guys like you I can get the scrolls to sing quicker than I could hope for.
Thanks guys

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been waiting to see this all dolled up and finished. Came out beautiful. The guys here didn't steer you wrong. Nice job!!!

Jan Hendrik

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent job!
I like this very much. Good execution on the engraving and loving the contrasting use of colour!
If I may ask, how did you colour the Zirconium pivot black?

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks y'all!
Zirconium is a weird metal. You color it by just torching it, heating it until it's red then it gets black or dark gray actually. It's important that you have a high temperature evenly spread throughout the whole piece otherwise it will shimmer like black pearl sort of.
You also have to be aware if you mill or grind zirconium the burrs can easily catch fire.
You also need a mask, that smoke it creates isn't healthy.
The best

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Those really came out beautiful. You did an excellent job with the whole concept. Keep a bucket of water in the spark path behind grinders and belt grinders. I will bet you are a Trekkie. fred

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Fred!
Yes I do keep a bucket of water near the grinder but I can't have one by my milling machine. So that is a risk for sure.
But what's up with the fumes, it kind of stings in your nose. That can't be good.
The best