FEGA Show

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
This is my first FEGA show. I have a banquet ticket on Saturday night and I want to attend the seminars on Monday. If I get there on Saturday and leave Monday evening is that enough time to see the show (engraving related)? Am I missing anything important? Is the Friday reception worth another day's stay? Thanks.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
pmace,You'll find many talented and friendly engravers at the FEGA show who will share any questions you have,enjoy.:thumbsup: J.J.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
The reception is an excellent social gathering of a lot of engravers and I find it most worth while. I suppose it depends in part on when you expect to arrive on Saturday. There is so much to see at FEGA and also lots of international engraving work in other areas, including the large auction displays. All day Saturday and all day Sunday would just barely be enough time to suit me.

What ever you decide, it will be nice to see you there. S

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
If I were you I would try to arrive early Saturday morning. The show will be in full swing Friday and Saturday open Sunday morning and then shuts down to the public to allow tear down.
You will not be able to see everything even if you are there everyday. But Saturday is the main day for the show. Saturday night is awesome.
Also, make it your goal to speak to every Engraver you can. Especially the ones see in the Engraver and read their posts in this cafe.
You will find a nicer group of artists and folks in general.
It not just a guild but is also a family.

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys. I think I'll come up on Friday and attend the reception. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and taking my time to enjoy the show.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
A missed flight or two can result in arriving a half day late (or worse). Friday's a better bet.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you are going to spend the money to go, an extra day is not a big expense added on top Like Sam said, weather and delays can mess things up so figure the extra day as cheap insurance

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone. Reservations were made this morning. Hope to meet everyone at the reception on Friday night. It's a 6 hour drive from southern Arizona so at least I don't have to fool with airplanes.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
pmace,

When you arrive at the FEGA show how will we know who you are if you are only known here as pmace. This has happened to me several times, someone comes up to my table or on the show floor and speaks as though I should know who they are. Turns out they are known on engraving forums by some cryptic screen name, so I do know of them but not by their real name. You can't change your screen name but you can add your name in the signature line. I'm not just addressing this to you but everyone here who wants to remain a mystery.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
pmace,

When you arrive at the FEGA show how will we know who you are if you are only known here as pmace. This has happened to me several times, someone comes up to my table or on the show floor and speaks as though I should know who they are. Turns out they are known on engraving forums by some cryptic screen name, so I do know of them but not by their real name. You can't change your screen name but you can add your name in the signature line. I'm not just addressing this to you but everyone here who wants to remain a mystery.

So true Roger. At my first FEGA convention (as well as subsequent similar gatherings) I placed my screen name under my actual name, as I realized most folks have never met me face to face. Saves a lot of embarrassing and awkward moments.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Since you haven't attended yet, I would try and get there Friday if possible. Ideally Thursday night. The FEGA show is held in conjunction with the Beinfeld Antique Arms show which is like a museum for firearms and there is as much to see outside of our area as there is within. We could really use an entire week. It's a bit overwhelming. Look forward to seeing you there.

Sponsors