acetone pump

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I don't think Fisher Scientific is around anymore, so you may try McMaster-Carr, or, better yet, a scientific supply house like Cole-Palmer (or Cole-Parmer) that has a thick catalog of anything you'd want. I got my lab grade unit from the place I used to work, so I haven't check my catalogs lately. I'd go with the last place that I mentioned!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i use a 2 oz. polyethylene squeeze bottle, but can no longer find the kind i like. the best are the ones with cap nozzles that come solid all the way to the tip, then can be carefully sliced back with a razor until there's just a super-fine pinhole. acetone is a very low viscosity liquid and is easiest to dispense thru the tiniest hole possible.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian is almost correct. I was looking for eye liner but found the acetone by mistake. Walgreens sells one that is pure acetone. Can be refilled if needed.

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam...
AMAZON...how can yo go wrong...$2.19 each plus free shipping with Prime. All I can say is that labor/manufacturing is really cheap somewhere in the world. I ordered two.

BTW in the past, I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and pick up one that had a metal top and steel ball (for the check valve). The steel ball rusted and would no longer hold a prime ... had to really beat on it to get it pumping. I then bought the all plastic "Cheap-O" version and it worked great till I knocked it off the bench.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I purchased a half dozen different acetone pump dispensers and the nicest one (cobalt blue glass with stainless steel pump) was the worst. The cheapest one worked the best which is the one I posted. There are some that look very similar at first glance, but this is one that worked the best for me. They're cheap, so I'd get 3 or 4 in case the pump is weak in one of them. I have one that requires a few more pumps than the others.

Latest posts

Sponsors