More Sterlium vs. Argentium

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok, having completed the lettering job I mentioned in my previous thread, I can say that medium-hard Sterlium Plus engraves pretty well. About the same as sterling, maybe a little tougher to cleanly pop the chip free at the end of a cut wherever you want to leave a crisp, square corner.

I have another project coming up and am trying to decide between Stuller's Sterlium and Rio Grande's Argentium. I don't currently have a Stuller account and don't want to go thru the hassle of setting one up just to get a few prices on their site (like the cost of metal is some big state secret...).

Would someone with a Stuller acct please check the prices of, say, a 6"x6" piece of flat sheet Sterlium Plus in 16g & 18g? And maybe the price breaks/discounts at increasing amounts of DWTs? I'd really appreciate it, thanks! :tiphat:

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch, That sheet runs about $217 for 18 and $275 for 16g. Or you can get Stulladium for $2700 for a 20g 6x6 sheet. This is the first time I"ve seen Stulladium. I have a few accidental metal mixtures that I wonder if I could patent. Zuelkadium has a nice ring to it.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just did the math and it looks like $1.41 per pennyweight for sterlium. Should be able to make a direct comparison with that.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Take a look at TRUSILVER I think it is a Hoover & Strong Alloy.

thanks for the suggestion, just this afternoon i was wondering if H&S has a similar product and i already have an account with them.

Latest posts

Sponsors