Garage News: Morning Prayers

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No intention here to invoke religion or preach. Just wanted to tell everyone affected by Harvey that you are included in my thoughts and prayers. I have many close friends on this forum and elsewhere that surely are including you as well. Chin up.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes ! surely way too many people in the texas/lousiana areas are in need of emergency help, and prayers. a donation to the red cross would also be a blessing.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
If you plan to donate to the victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas, I would recommend you donate to the Salvation Army, by mail, (mailing address is on the webpage; (indicate “Hurricane Harvey” on your check), or by clicking on the red banner near top of the page at the website below.

Year in, year out, the Salvation Army receives some of the highest ratings for delivering all necessary services to victims of natural disasters, etc. etc., and for NOT stealing/misappropriating donators money, as some other unscrupulous organizations do, in times like this!!

Since most of us can’t be there in person to help out, the next best thing, if possible, is a donation, big or small. Thanks for your time.

http://salvationarmyhouston.org/

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
The Salvation Army is a good choice. I am in Abilene Texas and we already have people from Houston at the local Salvation Army facilities. I believe the news said already 15 and more on the way. They have also driven their mobile kitchens to a staging area north of the Houston area, that took place last week before Harvey was even on land so they could be set up as soon as possible.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Houston needs our thoughts and prayers for sure. It's unbelievable how much rain inundated that city. I read that had the same amount fallen on New Orleans, it would have been 12 stories deep. I'm a bit skeptical of that calculation, but it's horrifying however you look at it.

I've been in touch with engraver Rick Simmons in Houston and he reported high & dry where he is. I hope that doesn't change.

The National Weather Service had to add a new color to maps to show this much rainfall. Apparently it's never happened before, and was described as a million-year flood. And it ain't over with yet.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We have a disaster relief team (God's Pit Crew) from Martinsville, VA, that is already in the Houston area, although they were stopped 70 miles from there due to the ongoing storm. They have been doing this for many years and arrive with everything from portable kitchens to portable showers/bathrooms and building tools and materials, all in a huge semi-tractor trailer caravan. Hopefully they can start work soon. Also, North Carolina Baptist Men's Disaster Relief teams are going as soon as the all clear is given. As with Lee, our prayers are with all of you affected by Harvey.

Bill

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gods be kind to the people of the storm. It will be a trial in the coming months. Financing rebuilding, finding honest contractors, material shortages, Labor to help with cleanup plenty of trails ahead.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam, that nasty is already in louisana. is that impacting you and yer family? i hope not.

Latest posts

Sponsors