Seiko watch, lots of firsts.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
This is my first Seiko watch dial I've made and engraved. My sons dog died a few months ago and I know He'll love this watch. I received lots of good information from a veteran watch engraver and used some sheet nickel silver. Soldering the pins on the back was something I was dreading but went quickly and easily. This is my first bulino with all lines too. I had to go to my DeCamillis video several times while making this. I have dozens of little snoots and eyes all over anything I could practice on. I've never taken a watch apart either, that went pretty well also.

Attachments

• finished mighty joe watch.jpg
    finished mighty joe watch.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 221
  • finished mighty joe watch #2 (3).jpg
    finished mighty joe watch #2 (3).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 218

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
I don't know about the "veteran watch engraver" part but am always happy to help/give advice if I have any useful/practical information to share:)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sakes alive-- that's a big challenge i'd think. cute lookin pooch !

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I know my photography needs work . That's just one more thing I need to learn to do better. The more I learn about engraving the more I see how much I don't know. It seems never ending. That might be why I love it, I find myself drawn to my bench like a big bowl of ice cream.
By the way, from what I have read, the nickel silver should be safe from tarnish since it's away from outside contaminants. Should I have coated it with something ?

Latest posts

Sponsors